45 Soal Latihan UN/UNBK Bahasa Inggris Kelas XII Beserta Jawaban Part-4 adalah bagian terakhir dari rangkaian tulisan soal-soal latihan ujian nasional berbasis teks dan komputer, bagi anda yang belum membaca bagian sebelumnya, silahkan baca bagian pertama sampai ketiga (soal nomor 21-30).
Bagian ke-4 atau terakhir, pertanyaan dimulai dari nomor 31, seperti berikut ini:
31. Eric: I heard John failed the speech competition held at Language Center in Jakarta last week.
Sam : Oh really? It’s strange, he should have won it because he is good at English.
The italicized sentence is used to express….
32. X :There will be a party at my house tonight. Would you like to come?
Y :I’d love to, but I have an appointment with my colleague.
From the dialog we know that the second speaker…. the invitation.
33. Toni: Hi Andi, what about going to Agung’s birthday party tonight?
Andi: I’m afraid I can’t. I am going somewhere with Reza.
The italicized sentence is used to….
a. decline an invitation
b. ask for permission
c. agree to do something
d. express a surprise
e. ask for an apology
34. Devi: Lots of women are incapable of working in Malaysia this year.
Devi: Because they are unskilled workers.
From the italicized expression we can conclude that lots of women…. In Malaysia.
a. are not working
b. will not work
c. must not work
d. cannot work
e. are not trained workers
35. Student: …. to carry these books to your room, sir?
Teacher: No, thanks. I can do it myself.
a. do you want
b. shall I do
c. may I help you
d. can you help
e. do you mind
36. Dodi: …. you will do your best in the competition this season.
Rena: Well, everybody expects that, and I feel certain about it anyway.
a. I belived
b. I don’t care
c. it’s a pity
d. I congratulate
e. it’s nothing
37. Ronny: you look so weak, Rendy.
Rendy: Yes, I am very tired.
Ronny: I think you’d better take a rest.
From the dialog we may conclude that Ronny…. Rendy to take a rest.
38. Ridwan: Do you think our nation have the competence to keep up with the Americans in technology?
Dimas: I don’t think so because it needs a lot of money.
The italicized word means….
39. A: Dad, I got a straight “A” for mathematics.
B: Really? Oh, your mom and I have are really proud of you.
The italicized sentence expresses….
The following text is for questions no. 40-45.
Once a man was walking in a park. He came across a penguin.
He took him to a police and said, “I have just found this penguin. What should I do?” The police replied, “Take him to the zoo.”
The next day the police saw the same man in the same park and the man was still carrying the penguin with him. The police was rather surprised and walked up to the man and asked, “Why are you still carrying that penguin? Didn’t you take it to the zoo?”
“I certainly did,” replied the man.
“And it was a great idea because he really enjoyed it, so today I’m taking him to the movies!”
40. What type of the text is the text above?
a. a recount text
b. a spoof text
c. a description text
d. an explanation text
e. a narrative text
41. The purpose of the text is….
a. to persuade the readers
b. to entertain the readers
c. to explain the readers
d. to tell past events and to entertain the readers
e. to discuss some problems
42. What part of the text is the last paragraph?
b. event 3
43. Why did the man take the penguin to the police?
a. Because he wanted to show that he had just found the penguin.
b. Because he wanted to take the penguin to the zoo.
c. Because he wanted to give the police the penguin.
d. Because he wanted to ask for advice what he had to do with the penguin.
e. Because he wanted to make the police surprised.
44. Which of the following statement is true according to the text?
a. The police took the penguin to the zoo.
b. The next day the penguin had been in the zoo.
c. The police took the man and the penguin to the zoo.
d. The police was confused with the man and the penguin.
e. The police was surprised because the man still carried the penguin with him.
45. He took him to a police….
The word he in the second paragraph refers to….
a. the man
b. the penguin
c. the police
d. the reader
e. the writer
Lanjut ke ringkasan ujian nasional => Rangkuman Materi UN/UNBK Bahasa Inggris SMA/SMK/MA/MAK: Contoh Soal dan Pembahasan Per SKL